View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 05:01 PM   #69
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
It Runs!.

So I just started the 2nd week of my 2 week vacation ( My company shuts down for 2 weeks in the summer)

The first week started off well. Filled the car up with fluids, primed it, and it started right up. One of the lines to the turbo was leaking slightly as was the coolant temp sensor on the intake manifold.

Some new crush washers fixed the oil leak on the turbo side. I went to tighten the temp sensor and disaster.

the hole for the sensor probe was slightly too small and the sensor bottomed out and cracked the manifold. Many swear words were said.

Depression was real.

I made a few calls and pulled the manifold. It was super difficult to do without scratching the bay paint. Pat Cyr and Cyrious Garageworks had the manifold repaired and back in my hand a couple days later.

Whilst the manifold was off getting repaired, I put my interior back in.

Ran into an issue with the glove box. The fuse box was clearly in the way which then snowballed into another mini project.

This wasnt going to cut it for me

So I removed the inner skin and sectioned the glove box to fit.

Test fit. It clearly needs to be filled, sanded and painted for that OEM look.

I am still waiting on a clutch line then I can take it for its maiden voyage.

More updates by the end of the week. Gonna start sanding the aero tomorrow.

Thanks for reading.

-Jordie