View Single Post
Old 06-25-2021, 11:54 PM   #43
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Brother do you not understand that that is total understandable. Same thing can be said for guys with the aforementioned Blitz03s. If you have had things for a long time and are selling them at the current price trend I really don't think anyone would care. We also understand that your prices from Nissan seem to be fair and you (of course) deserve to make a profit for the service you provide those that are in the US. No one expects you to do it for charity.

Nizmopartsplug selling recently (within the last year) purchased BNIB S15 valences from Japan for $1750 isn't the same thing. The pandering about how they are trying to help the community makes it a tougher pill to swallow.
To me, it's the same thing. I bought the clutch kit fully intending on selling it for a profit, and I had no intention of giving it to a friend for dirt cheap.

I think we're splitting hairs at this point, most view some of the sellers out there as shady, others (like me) just see it as people being opportunistic.

I think bottom line is, just don't live or pretend like this car is some bubble we need to protect. It's an aging chassis with lots of parts formerly available, but like most things Nissan the weird positioning of the car (entry level, cheap, lots of variants overseas) created this weird market of low cost parts that we were just enjoying for 20 years.

20 years later, some of us still hold on to the value proposition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Dude YEAH. Look up S13 Silvia grilles. They are going for $200, $500, and $1200 and there seems to be ZERO fucking rhyme or reason. They aren't even all shitty or all great...there is no fucking consistency. They see what's happened with the R32s and their other 'hero cars' and they over-anticipate.
Ironically I was selling the small letter grille for $60 on the list of parts I was bringing in. Brand new.

Had the pandemic not torpedo'd my plans, I actually had about 300+ on order. Oh well.

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote