View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 01:41 AM   #33
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (19)
jspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
Soap is right though.
the car setup is everything.

At balcony, at WSIR
way to many variables

Sohc springs shocks vlsd
2nd gear, feint, give it a hell of a clutch kick and stand on it for a bit. it slowly comes out as it locks, and then slight lift to "set"
Or a long ebrake to make sure it stays sideways long enough for the vlsd to lock.

My SOHC with springs and shocks and welded,
3rd gear, big fient and ebrake
(big feint because the springs really body roll and I use that, ebrake because i want to be in drift right away and dont have time to hope that SOHC can power over with a feint in a 3rd gear entry.)

SOHC full suspention and welded.
I can go in the same way with a feint so small that you cant notice, because my coils are so stiff the body roll happens really fast and you dont want to miss it.
Or i can downshift to 2nd and clutch lock it because i am in 2nd at redline before passing the first clip anyways.

Or, I can go 2nd and get a good clutch kick if I am trying to keep up tandem with someone.
The welded makes up the for lack of HP when trying to lock up a 2way quik. The low HP can let you straighten out your 2 way pretty easily in shallow chase angle.
staying in second means i dont have to lift to shift before the transition.

transfer?
ebrake?
pedal?

fucking momentum dude.
The shit will swing you like a pendelum.
right before your car starts to catch and swing back,lift for a sec so the wheels catch, a quik steering in for more angle before letting it spin will flick you the other way, and back on the gas as it comes around.

now every diff reacts differently.
as well as springs or coils.
wheel size
width
tires size
width
stretch or not
camber
type of car.

and i am sure JR uses the ebrake in closing the gap situations.
everyone does.
he may also be a big front braker.
but ebrake has its advantages.
JR also drives a car that has power to start drifting in any gear on a tranny that is far from stock.
most of us need the ebrake with our low HP.

and you can be alot mroe precise on your clipping points with the ebrake.
when you initiate with the ebrake,
you are going directly into a drift
when you clutch kick, it may take a second and you may pass the clip wide or not initiate at all.

dont feint to hard, you might drift the wrong way, like that video of that dude drifting into the people last year.
in compititon drifting, the judges also dont want to see feints.

the ebrake will also take your momentum and make it go sideways instead of forwards.
I have tapped many cones and curbs with my front bumper by ebraking past them.
without the ebrake, i would have driven my front tires right over them.
i also use ti to get up along the side of cars in tandem or to throw my angle wide and drift past the back of cars that spin out in front of me.

this is just off the top of my head, and trying not to let this thread be a total joke.

you need to go to the track and actually drift with some people and ask for help from people that are kicking ass in Low HP cars.
because low HP car drivers end up getting really good at making the most of their drifts and their abilities.
Whoa ... lol any way I was saying straight to the point as in he put his technique out there. I do pretty good w/o but Ive been limited to 3 tracks and

I do go to the track and I have a high & Low Hp car. I auctually drift more w/ my bone n/a sohc. What I need to do is work on my high speed drifts. .

I do take it back tho JR did use the ebrake on a 180 turn but besides that he was just using momentum to transfer.

I hardly ever use the ebrake and eventhough I dont practice high speed drifts as much I still do and all you have to do is have the right speed, angle and have good throttle controll for a car that has decent power. I also see where you are comming from on closing the gap and stretching the drift I guess Im just a little harder on the eng... haha I do pretty good w/o but Ive been limited to 3 tracks and just like you said I need to practice

I know its allot about the car set up and I hope this will provide input into peoples builds cause the better the set up the the more accuraccy obtained.

Thanks for the input eric hopefully ill see you at willowsprings one day. Im moving my events there so I will be able to practice.

Very informative video too

661 sliders Gymkhana @ buttonwillow
http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-st...-sessions.html

>> Bakersfield Hook up thread <<
jspec240 is offline   Reply With Quote