View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 08:39 PM   #72
projectsupra
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
projectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of light
Next challenge was the brake lines, master cylinder & brake booster.
Brake booster was rubbing the intercooler bracket, so I picked up a Nissan pickup master, essentially a mirrored Z32 master and we'll see how it goes.
I have yet to see the split pressure numbers from it but I can always tune that later.
Paired that with a tiny Sentra brake booster and now it clears, hopefully this combo leaves me with good pedal feel and travel.

Then we fabbed up all new brake lines to match, and picked up some new firewall clips from a Z32 I believe.

Next order of business was the radiator, picked up a KOYO KA24 rad and planned to cut/weld the lower outlet to the other side.
Some talks with KOYO might get me and others a drop in radiator in the future, we'll see if they come through.

Fabbed up some additional brackets for the rad and my FAL fans to hold the Q50/Q60 expansion tanks.

On to another problem, this engine hangs low at the moment, and with a plastic oil pan...

No problem for me since I do CAD all day long and have access to CNC's, modeled and test printed a simple new super beefy low profile pan in PLA to eventually be machined in aluminum.

Then stumbled on an Initial D V4 machine that I couldn't pass up and my wife surprised me with a new Sparco steering wheel.

After that we had to fab up a new tension rod brace to clear the GKTech adjustable sway bar, this was the only bar to clear the oil filter and engine front and maintain centered sway bar links as it had to be slid to the passenger side by 2" or so.

Sandblasted some old tension rod brackets, cut two big holes & welded a big pipe across, simple.

Also snagged a deal on some Voodoo13 S14 tension rods that would help correct my geometry a little.

Almost up to date, now just finding hoses that fit or that I can cut down to size, and making a million small brackets to make this look and last like it came from Nissan.

projectsupra is offline   Reply With Quote