View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 08:21 AM   #17724
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman_KA_T View Post
I know some will tell me to search, which I have... however old image links are broken and the answers are fairly vague/vary. I'm planning on ordering an oem kouki front bumper setup, and was wondering if someone could elaborate on the various brackets that go with it. I am not trying to cheap out by not buying them, however I would rather not pay the price of certain ones if they can easily be fabricated which I'm assuming would be easy with some actual pictures. The manufacturer diagram doesn't really help with that.

It would be awesome if someone had some pictures of the backside of the bumper with all of the brackets installed. Would also appreciate an explanation on what you have to do to the chuki bumper support. Also, anyone running the DMAX position lights that act as turn signals as well? how is the longevity on those? well made? I keep seeing reports of OEM position lights fogging like typical oem plastic lenses do.
I'm told the chuki bumper support/crash beam fits behind the kouki 180SX bumper without issues, but can't confirm from personal experience. I have only used all of the proper brackets before with my bumper setups so unfortunately I am not much help there either, though it seems Dorki Dori has you covered there from his response.

As for the DMAX lights, they are of course not the same quality as the OEM position lamps, but they hold up alright. They're a great option if you don't plan to run the factory lower turn signals. If you do though, I would just buy the factory Nissan ones. I have never had an issue with them fogging up.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote