Old 09-25-2005, 02:29 PM   #81
smily_vigor
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
smily_vigor is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to smily_vigor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcb890
oh i understand why RACE CARS are lowered extremely low and SET UP RIGHT so their wheels arent leaning inwards like the leaning tower of pizza. when the car has too much camber, you lessen the contact patch of the tire and that affects the performance, its not rocket science, the more tire on the ground, the better. making the car lower to the ground lowers the center of gravity, which is a good thing, but when you're driving it aroudn to more than track events you're gonna start damaging shit if its too low, and most of the people on this board, and many others (not just singling out 240 owners) just drop their car as low as they can and dont give a shit about stretching the shit out of tires or having the wheel's camber ridiculous so the whole contact patch isnt being used.

slamming a car and putting wide wheels and tires on it is awesome if you're gonna do it right, otherwise, its just a useless way to say "hey, look at me, my shit is cool" and doesn't do a hell of a lot performance-wise compared to actually doing it right.

Yo man common, if your going to start talking shit at least have all your facts straight. First of all negative camber increases your performance. Not in a straight line but in corners. Yes driving straight you aren't using the entire contact patch but slam that car into a corner and the wheel deforms, that in conjuction with the negative camber actually increases your contact patch giving you more grip. yo, everybody pays their money for their shit so you can't always knock everyone for stuff they do. Just leave them do there's and you do yours. Everyones entitled to their own likes and dislikes.