View Single Post
Old 04-08-2022, 10:40 AM   #18358
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
since "hotroad" aero is considered "type x" aero... a little something i just finished up a year working on. this is the new DorkiDori V2 Hatch kit. NONE of these pieces are 1:1 replicas. the front bumper has over 100 hours of work into it. Skirts another 30 odd hours and the rear valances ive spent the last 8 weeks working on. i HOPE you guys see all the differences, but yeah... as much as "type x" aero bugs me now because its so trendy (us old school guys remember how "anti trend" 180sx kouki aero was growing up over the last 20 odd years until recent), i genuinely hope this kit helps youngins rock something a bit different and will help them stand out in a sea of everyone doing the same thing in current times due to social media brainwashing!
I've been watching your products for a while and I certainly think the minor twists you've added are tasteful.

The trends are changing, but I don't think that is a bad thing like you're alluding to. The trend now seems to be away from extreme body kits and the "different for the sake of being different" mentality that gave rise to them. What you call "trendy" looks more to me that a shift is being made to restoration of these cars vs wild mods. Newer platforms are becoming track favorites. After having a crazy kit back in the early/mid-2000s, I know that I now really like the simplicity and ease of clean lines and how much the OEM parts fit the car so much better. Maybe I'm just becoming an old millennial. I have a 97 with OEM JDM aero that I've been putting together the past 8 years or so. Just funny what I thought was nice is now considered trendy.

My daughter picked up an S13 hatch recently. Of course I told her that the kouki type-x aero is the cleanest, but since that's so hard to find complete (and out of her budget these days) I've steered her towards your website as a nice alternative. Of course she's doing typical 17 year old things like drift charms and sticker bombing the cracked dash. But hey, it's her car and she'll figure out what works at some point.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote