View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 06:13 AM   #2
WhteldyZ

Trader Rating: (0)
WhteldyZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz_moose View Post
ive been searching here and google about these which has resulted in conflicting information.

are the TT and N/A ones actually the same? the actual housings not the end gear?

No, the sensors are unique.

one has a blue gear on the end =?
TT sensors have blue gears

one has a red gear on the end =?
NA sensors have red gears

one has 20 teeth =?
one has 18 teeth =?
Not sure, but the gears are unique too. They must go with the corresponding sensor they are meant for. Contrary to some internet information, you cannot swap gears across sensors.

the reason for asking is I want to put one in an R33 rb25 gearbox as my speedo is reading at roughly half actual speed. so Im under the impression I need to fit a z32 n/a sender. but it looks like the actual sender is the same (the r33 has the red gear on the end).
See responses above. The Z32 speed sensors and gear, together, are interchangeable, but will read the speed assuming you have the NA or TT differential, respectively. So whatever sensor & gear you're using should match the correct diff. The TT diff is 3.69. The NA diff is 4.08.

I do not know the interchangeability of the Z32 sensors on the RB25 gearboxes. But if you know your diff ratio, you at least know which one to try.
WhteldyZ is offline   Reply With Quote