View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #36
futures14drift
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
futures14drift is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmoron View Post
On one hand, it's cool and all, and neat that you're so young and doing this.

On the other hand, poor fenders, rolled for THAT? Car will handle like poop at that height, and the tein springs where probably better than raceland coils.

Stock color looks great, you might consider getting it resprayed or touched up and blended, raising it to correct the roll center and the front camber gain that you'll have like that, praying for forgiveness for doing that to your fenders, selling the kit, and concentrating on a reliable motor and suspension upgrades focused on performance, not looks.

Here's a great article series on why you should raise your car:

Handling and Cornering Improvment Guide - Tech - Sport Compact Car Magazine

I assume you know this, but if not, as you'll need to know if you do read that or put any actual thought into suspension, we have macphearson front and multilink rear.

Also, I could be wrong but I assume raceland coils don't have a way of adjusting spring preload, other than height, and with my experience with entry level coils, you should ABSOLUTELY run them as high as you can, which is probably going to be as much of a drop as you should do without a bunch of suspension parts to adjust out the roll center/other changes, anyway. If you run them low you won't have enough (or any) preload, and the damping rates will probably be poorly matched to the spring rates, and being cheap the dampers are probably not going to work as well when they're already compressed that much (and may blow).

And, do you no longer have carpet? It looked just fine, better than mine and many other people's. If you don't have it, it's super ugly now.... hope you put it back.
Thank you for your advice. I am looking into fender flares but either way the car is going to be raised up a lot to protect the aero kit from being destroyed. Cry about me using racelands, i don't care right now. For the carpet, if you looked through all the pictures, the car had 3 holes in the floor. Water got in and created mold. I am going to replace it with black carpet.
futures14drift is offline   Reply With Quote