View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 01:33 PM   #31
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phase 2 Begins

So, now that its back on the road I can focus on getting a swap ready for it. I have thought over every option from Vortec to SR to 1jz, but I think I have decided on going with a CA18DET. Now, that probably sounds really really dumb to a lot of you, but hear me out. The CA is the perfect motor for this car. I am building a "Well Rounded" vehicle, this means keeping weight down, keeping power within a reason and making sure I keep the balance of the car.

I am not just going to drop a CA into it and call it good, its going to get some upgrades to make it one hell of a street motor. To do that I need a special turbo setup, one that will give great response on the 1.8L and not fall off like the stock turbo. Concept Z Performance in collaboration with Turbos Direct developed a turbo kit for the Z32 that uses very special GT2560R's. These GT2560R's utilize a custom billet wheel that allows them to outflow larger turbos, but retain response. I plan to get a single one and strap it to the CA, it will flow enough to make 300+hp and be responsive enough to have fun on the street or track.

To increase response even more, I am going to mid mount an intercooler (Keep charge piping short and with as few bends as possible), port the intake manifold and run E85. All together I hope to see 325rwhp with response that is unmatched. Should make an incredible street car. Really excited to start piecing everything together!

tb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links