View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 01:47 PM   #1094
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by d9m13n View Post
Juan’s setup is ideally what I’d like to run, but unfortunately I’m not looking for another block I’ll have to have assembled.

My machine shop is overloaded with work and probably will not have my block back in 2 months or so. I have mostly everything I need to throw together my engine bay minus the block, but I can’t make any progress on designing/fabricating my v mount or my exhaust, or just situating parts in general until I have my engine in. I could have the car complete within that 2 month span if I could find a used block, already assembled to rwd vet specs and have it here within a few days. Then I have the bonus of having a spare assembled fresh block on the shelf should anything bad happen.

Contacted the guy on Facebook who’s ad I actually posted above, however his pistons don’t have valve reliefs and won’t work with my n1 cams. Can anyone tell me whether I could run p11 cams with a thicker headgasket and be okay? The only variable would be that his head is p11 and mine is p12, not sure if that changes valve clearances at all (I don’t believe so, but I figured you guys would have more insight)

Juan) Have Ob-Juan Vargas build your that block

Juan-a) Profit!

dos) You could get away with a thicker head gasket, yes. However, how thick is the real question and in return, that will also drop your compression ratio. The drop is not insignificant either. I have the calculation somewhere around here if you need.

3) P11 or P12 head will have the same Valve clearances. There is a difference in head casting, however, there is no effect on valve design and actuation.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote