View Single Post
Old 06-12-2023, 05:01 PM   #19
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
Personally tho i dont see why California wont just allow us enthusiasts to pay an additional fee to avoid the test. Kinda like how alot of people pay for a "funny" test but instead we pay that to the state in an increased fee. I figure this would be a no brainer option since Cali government likes taxing its citizens up the ass as it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
optics, democrats want to save the world by reducing smog emissions to 0, that and growing tofu
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
Bypass testing but pay a higher fee.
There's actually an existing smog-exempt program in place already.

a lot of rural California only needs smog when changing ownership.

https://www.bar.ca.gov/services/prog...gramarealookup

for example, if you want to move up to Mammoth Lakes you never have to do a smog check as long as you don't change vehicle ownership.

this is the primary reason why the existing rules won't change, because there is simply too much urban development to improve air quality as-is, so there will be zero chance of existing rules being relaxed or exempt.

I would say, if upcoming changes to banning of sales of new ICE vehicles start to contribute to an improvement in overall air quality YoY, then the chances of a classic car exemption might become reality.

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote