View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 07:14 PM   #64
s13driftnut
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (18)
s13driftnut is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok, seems like I'm actually making progress lately, motivation finding me and I need to keep it going, also having my friends push me along always helps haha
So I am PUMPED to say the engine and transmission are now mounted in the car for good! It feels amazing since the car has been apart so long to finally see the heart sitting in its place. Long overdue and I feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel, just have to keep plugging away and making it happen!

Few good pics of us dropping it in place! Thanks for the photos Damon!

Unfortunately nothing goes perfect, once the engine and trans were securely in place, I went to rotate the engine to tdc to put the CAS on, I started rotating and the engine stopped. Working on cars for a living it was definitely a mechanical stoppage. I know the timing is perfect but I doubt myself anyways, I cant figure out for the life of me what is causing it to turn a ways then stop suddenly. I removed the started even though we were positive that wouldn't be it since it was retracted upon install. Still no luck!! So out the engine came, Seized gearbox? We pull it out and separate the engine from the transmission, engine rotates beautiful, rotate the input shaft on the transmission, rotates beautiful! Started looking around for points of metal contact on the flywheel and clutch, and bam! the 2 bolts that hold the slave cylinder in place were threaded in all the way with no slave cylinder.....just far enough to contact the clutch in certain spots......... Was happy it was only that and an easy fix....frustrated we risked scratching the engine bay paint job for something that would've taken 2 seconds to do in the car haha

My feelings about the situation

Valve cover securely on, Mazworx valve cover hardware installed. I'd say she looks GOOOOOOOD!

Paint looks great even with an inch of dust on it! Man I need to get this bad boy done so I can wash it and polish it like it needs to be!