View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 06:01 AM   #27
David Steele
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
David Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskateborders View Post
They shoulda built the tranny to hold the power. It seems like evo's and suby's dont have issues this bad, granted they dont have nearly the power, but hell, their also like a third the price...
Incorrect massive grip will break things, driving your production car like a race car will break things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotacotaco View Post
Like i stated before when the evo's and wrx first started getting popular youll be surprised how many tranny issues there were. Especially honda owners moving over to awd and still driving awd cars by dumping the clutch and slamming their shifts. Maybe no one followed the problems with those cars because it was back in the day. But imagine the strain launching an almost 4k lb car awd to those speeds. Id like to see the price for a gtr then. Buy an evo and constantly rev up and launch off the line and tell me how the tranny holds up.

Also im not sure but don't quote me. The launch control was something that people figured out the car could do by pressing certain buttons. It wasnt exactly put into the car as an exclusive feature. More of like up up down down left right left right select start. If someone can research that and put it out in the clear.
Incorrect it's not some sort of bypass it's software that was ment to come with the car (launch control) .

Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
I'm just waiting for some one to put an rb26 6speed and hook up the atessa and call it a day, or just make it a rwd car
It isn't any stronger. It's has the same internals as a 300zx transmission, and the attessa isn't the same .