View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 02:35 PM   #8840
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by daftphunk View Post
So as I was driving today I heard a loud clunk. Saw a bunch of smoke coming out from behind and eventually a lot of clunking coming from the rear end.

When I pulled over to take a look at it, I saw smoke coming out from my diff it seems like. I had a welded diff and it's all clunky now, I'm going to just guess that I broke the welds on it. Would that be a safe assumption?

And I am about 25 miles away from my house, how safe would it be to drive it home? Or am I better off just getting it towed on a flat bed tonight? Was thinking of pulling the diff out tomorrow but was gonna see if a shop can get it on a lift and just reweld the gears together.

How plausible is all of this?
if it's your diff....then eventually one of those welds may get stuck inside, and lock it up (my buddy had it happen on the freeway. Instant drifting on the HWY).

Drive slow if it's worth it to you. 25 miles is a ways away.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote