Thread: My SR20VET...
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #73
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by blo0d View Post
could you give me an overview on how you plan to do your exh manifold vacuum source for your catch can? y is it better than venting to atmosphere?
I welded in a venturi into the down pipe, put a check valve inline and ran that line to my catch can. I have two fittings welded to my VC that connect to my catch can, once air starts flowing through the exhaust it will pull a vacuum on the can and VC.

It has been proven to make gains on a dyno vs just venting to atmosphere, that is why I did it.

Friday, I swung by the local race supply shop and picked up the fittings I needed to finish my oil feed line, two 90*'s and 3ft of -4AN SS hose. Yesterday, I recieved a few packages in the mail consisting of the last fuel line fitting, a 90* coupler I was waiting on to finish my cold pipe and my new K&N air element. I'll try to get the cold pipe finished up tonight. There are still some small things to do in the engine bay and I have my wiring to finish up, which includes removing the dash to run my harness over there.

On Friday, I also ordered my ChaseBays CM2 harness and a Haltech P2000 from them. Hopefully, they'll be in before the end of NOV.

On to the pictures....!

Overview of the engine bay as it currently sits...

As usual thank you for looking...