View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 03:34 PM   #119
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
SinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfection
Ok a little update of where I am now....

Started with this (Dash completely stripped):

And this (Panel that craddles the 350z cluster on a 350z):

Old cluster hump has to go so I traced around the hump to cut as little as possible:

Got out the jig saw, mustered up some nerve, took a deep breath and went to town. Ended up with this:

Trimmed up the 350z panel went to the shop where the S14 is sitting. Bolted in the dash cross bar, and my S14/350 hybrid column. Fitted the panel for the right angle and clearance for viewing and tilt steering. Came up with this:

Got some fiberglass resin and some fiberglass matting. With some cutting and fitting, I formed the matting around the areas that needed to be filled in. Held in place by some spray adhesive:

Mixed up the resin and spread her on:

Reinforced the underside using the same method:

Got out the body filler and went to town filling and sanding which is where I am now. This is my first time doing such a task so its taking a little longer than expected but I am pleased with the results I am starting to see. Once I am finished its on with the black leather!