View Single Post
Old 08-11-2023, 06:05 PM   #3
zer0c123

Trader Rating: (0)
zer0c123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I had the same experience with aftermarket tranny sensors. When I replaced the clutch, all the sensors were leaking and the wires were brittle. Most snapped when I tried to reinstall them.

I bought WVE aftermarket sensors thinking they would be good as they were owned by NTK/NGK. Three of the sensors leaked through the rear wiring. The reverse sensor would not turn on the rear lights. When taking apart the harness to check the electrical, I noticed they manufactured it with poor weather sealing.

Only the neutral sensor worked and did not leak. I think the neutral one was basically OEM (made in japan) because it looked exactly like the old one. The other 3 were made in china.

I was going to order 3 new OEM sensors (reverse, 4th and 5th) from the Nissan dealer, but I realized the manual tranny on 240s don’t need the 4th or 5th sensors. There’s another thread on zilvia that mentioned it. Therefore I only ordered the OEM reverse.

For 4th and 5th sensors, I just replaced it with an oil drain plug. The size is M14x1.50. Been driving for awhile with no issues.
zer0c123 is offline   Reply With Quote