View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 01:31 PM   #8
dezzS13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
dezzS13 will become famous soon enoughdezzS13 will become famous soon enoughdezzS13 will become famous soon enoughdezzS13 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to dezzS13
I dealt with this on a KA just recently. I pulled my hold dash, and harness out but it didn't end up being anything there. It ended up being the harness after the injectors that rubbed on the motor where you can bolt a engine hoist bracket to.

I unbolted the fuse box from the chassis. Turned it upside down and then used alligator clips to hold it on to the side that went from the fuse box to my ignition cylinder. I was getting about .4ohms which was telling me that the circuit was grounding out somewhere. The hard part is here is determining where, because it necessarily doesn't mean it's that specific ignition wire. Try disconnecting the engine harness where it connects to the chassis harness to determine if it's the engine harness side that's grounding and causing the fuse to pop. Once you disconnect the harness you should read resistance instead of Ohms, the multimeter will jump to a huge high number if it's no longer grounding.