View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 06:55 PM   #40
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Got a few things done today.

First up was figuring out what the hell is was going on with the turbo oil feed. I posted another thread asking for input on the turbo oil feed, the outlet from the oil passage was tiny compared to the other block I have and 4 others I had friends check. I never managed to extract anything from it, but I was able to open the hole up and put a helicoil in it. Should do the trick.

Went around the engine and threw a set of Mazworx exhaust studs in, I really liked them on my Z so I figured this engine should get a set too.

Cleaned up and re-sealed the thermostat housing, cylinder head water neck, and coolant tubes. Picked up some fresh hoses to replace all of the rotten OEM stuff and installed a new OEM thermostat. The water pump that came off this engine was trashed and from Nissan they are backordered. Thankfully I hoard parts and had a lightly used S13 pump sitting around.

With the oil pan back on its starting to look complete again, also took the ISR S14 style water neck off the Z and put it on this engine, much prefer to return coolant from the turbo back to the neck instead of trying to route it behind the engine. Bolted the HKS GT2540 up on the stock manifold for now, I want to get a different manifold, but I'm not sure what I want just yet.

Engine is mostly back together, need some seals, clamps and other little things to get it drop in ready. Also decided to drill out the throttle body coolant tubes, for sure doing this to the Z as well, makes it look way better.

Took some time to try and make the front fiberglass aero fit. The Fineline fenders fit like absolute poop, but some heat and ingenuity (Clamps and weight) I got the fender to sit flatter and the fender to hood gap closed up nicely.

On the inside I got a carpet kit for the car, I can't do the completely stripped interior, it is just miserable. Carpet is from Stock Interiors and fits okay, ended up just cutting it in half to lay it, going to lay some new sound deadening down then carpet tape it down. Also decided to re-do the battery re-location wiring. It was done originally in car audio wire and I didn't like how it was run. I got some sweet little zip ties that have clips on them, drilled a few holes and routed the positive down the passenger side. Also installed a 150a Bussman breaker in the trunk for peace of mind.