View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 11:16 AM   #208
rvns14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (18)
rvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
You're expecting people who call it the "Chinese cough" to have the compassion and self-awareness to understand that our health care system is inequitable. They don't. They don't take it, or anything else that's not affecting them at this moment, seriously. They cannot see the forest for the trees.

It's the danger of small-mindedness, and of getting news and information from an echo chamber of illogic and of distrust in science.

The US is 17th in terms of economic freedom in the world. Singapore is number one and has a universal healthcare system combined with private-sector healthcare that is universally regarded as exceptional both in terms of overall population health and in terms of value per dollar. We can have our cake and eat it too, but the government needs to be intelligent and not bought and paid-for by lobbyists. For the government to be intelligent, the people need to be intelligent and well-versed. In order for the people to be intelligent and well-versed, the education system needs to be robust and work in conjunction with interested and involved parents and/or social programs where parents are working or lacking.

Whether or not people acknowledge it, to be born (or become a citizen) of the US is to accept that while a large government system can utilize efficiency and resource allocation to solve issues on an unmatched level in human history (Apollo Moon Mission, Panama Canal, etc.), culturally, we elect to use this sparingly because we have a culture of self (if this sounds anti individualism, its not); your success is built on the back of your work. To accept this is to accept that some people, for a number of reasons will not be successful, some will always be undeserved and will flounder thought life. I disagree with not wearing a mask, but as long as the individual who chooses not to accepts all the consequences, its his right not to be asked to.

I feel bad for the medical professionals (some in my family) and the low wage workers who are forced to go to work by unsympathetic circumstances/bosses (who are often minorities) and to them I encourage them to assess what in this country they like and if they are really ready to accept the bargain that is apart of living here. For the rest, hold tight and hope that people extending the pandemic see the light but protect yourself.
rvns14 is offline   Reply With Quote