View Single Post
Old 05-29-2021, 11:58 AM   #26
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jyttah is an unknown quantity at this point
Finally we got the engine back into the car!
It does turn over and idle without problems, but cant do much more as we still havent filled coolant in it.

After the engine was installed we rolled the car outside to flush the engineblock with a waterhose - there was SO much rust inside of it because it has been standing dry for a long time.

But we did work alot on the fiberglass.

And we also did some eating of "kanel gifflar" (small Cinnamon rolls from Sweden) Tastes delicious, by the way!

To make our lives much easier, we desided to fiberglass the sideskirts into one piece. And did the same with the front bumper. It saves me for a lot of money as i dont need to purchase the brackets. And also makes it look cleaner when my painter hits it with a bit of bondo

While i was installing the side skirts, i took a few pictures of the underside. And im surprised that it looks pretty good underneath. Cars from England to not have a good reputation rustwise.

I also installed the fake Bride gear-fabric

Many years ago i did a lot of RC drift, and my body of choice was always the 180SX kit with a specific rear lights. And recently i found the rearlights for my car. So i just had to have them. The plan is to use it for my other S13, and keep the Kouki lights on this car.

When installing the rear bumper, i needed some support so it doesnt sag in the middle as fiberglass bumpers often do.
I used some 90degree metal i had laying around and put some foam tape on top.

I guess ive already mentioned the hole in the dashboard. Ive made a small plug to close it off, and still have the space for cables for the 3 gauges i want to install. (oil temp, oil pressure and boost)
Its 3D printed in ASA, so it should be more than suitable to be in the sun all day.

My friend also reached out to me to make him a cup holder for his S14. So after some designing and printing, he can do crazy stuff without his drinks spilling all over

I will put them up on Order42 instagram when i have them ready

I got tired of the teal details in the enginebay, so desided to paint the parts in some other color, and after a lot of looking around, i found a original S13 color that would fit the car perfectly.

I also picked up a set of used tires, so i finally can install the Work Euroline on the car and roll it out

Lastly a few pictures of the car with almost all fiberglass installed

Jyttah is offline   Reply With Quote