View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 09:56 PM   #23
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by d9m13n View Post
I’ve never shifted one, I’ll have to drive a z to find out but shifter feel is big for me. The speed and feel of the bmw boxes is the reason why I’ve gotten so interested. No doubt the z32 Trans is best bang for the buck but are there readily available rebuild kits/aftermarket gearsets for them? These are old transmissions with lots of miles and I’m sure the internals on quite a few are tired. Just like 350zs are becoming better options than 240s in drifting due to low cost/better all around capability and generally lower mileage, maybe it’s time to pass the torch?
With fresh fluid and new shifter bushings they are incredible, very smooth and direct. I agree that the Z33 is a better option mechanically speaking due to it being newer, but they just don't fit in an Schassis all that well.

Sent from my OnePlus 5T using Tapatalk