View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 12:40 PM   #8
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviasandbeer View Post
good thread, hopefully this will stop some one from making another "is this 240sx for sale fairly priced"

also, explian PS leaking.. im aware its common, my s14 lost PS fluid and i had to top off once or twice a year
isnt it a closed system? couldnt the owner of said 240 have fixed that problem, why should you be suspicious ?
Well I always joke that you should be suspicious of any 240 that does not leak PS fluid because that is simply unnatural. Just like the front main on a high mileage KA should leak oil.

If it was fixed, then work has been done, which means you had better inspect it (be suspicious, ask the owner). If the owner says "no I never touched it" then somebody else did, and what else did they do? Its like finding out of the car was in an accident but the current owner has no idea it had happened. The moral here is to always be watchful for anything that is amiss, or abnormal, and a 240 that doesnt leak PS fluid is abnormal and should be carefully inspected in those areas. I might check to see if the two major brackets that hold the PS high pressure line are in place, the one by the crossmember that also supports the cooling loop for instance. It's a sign work has been done, and wherever there is work, there may be hidden defects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMcEvilson View Post
yeah ok. 240 for sale that fit this criteria: 0
Hah, true they are rare.

Last edited by Kingtal0n; 11-03-2014 at 09:07 AM..
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote