View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 12:36 PM   #16
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
Here's a tid bit for you all...

You arent buying a collector car, you're buying a NISSAN 240SX.

A clean interior will show that the vehicle does not have 900,000 miles.
I think the 240sx will be a collectible antique in the coming 5-10+ years. And the proof is the all original 97's with 50,000 miles selling for $10000+ already. At least, I would rock an antique plate on one and call it an antique, drive it real slow with it's 500bhp 2jzgte automatic and pretend like its crippled. When you consider the limited production, and sheer impact of drifting/swaps on the pool of remaining OEM vehicles...

As to the interior. You can replace the entire interior for under $1000 and make a 240sx look new again inside. That was one of the key features of my guide, I pointed out that we do not care about the interior plastics/panels because they are readily available.

The age really shows up in the rubber under the car, and the frame rails/pinch weld if the car has been maliciously raised over the years.

I feel what really makes the 240 special is it's unique blend of opportunity-potential. You can build a 240 that can pretty much do anything that any other car can do, it has no obvious limitation as a starting point, and it still looks good doing it. And having an enormous aftermarket supply of parts, especially used affordable parts, is of benefit to those of us who are students (hence the guide for students seeking dailys). Heck I've gotten KA engines free just because people "hated" on them...

There are not too many cars out there that you can buy, drive for as long as you want, then re-sell for more than you paid. And that only applies to cars that meet my criterion; hacked up projects obviously don't count. My guide was intended to get you a car that will go up in value, and every bracket/plastic clip counts.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote