View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 12:26 PM   #25
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by bataangpinoy View Post
Am I the only one not bothered with servicing old suspension components?

Tie Rods, ball joints, wheel bearings, LCA's.. its all part of the maintenance with a high milage car, no?
Yeah, so when you go under the car to do those things, you take pictures of your work and do it right. You wipe everything down until it looks new again. Always keep a set of oem tension rods with good bushings handy for the next car. Never replace an inner tie rod unless you have to. The wheels bearings I have had no trouble with beyond 300k miles on most 240s. Outer tie rods I also usually have a brand new set waiting, they are cheap enough.

Perhaps most importantly, find a shop that aligns real race cars, one that the owner that drives/aligns his own personal race car will also align yours. For some reason (HMM I wonder why) alignment is hard to get right on these cars, especially if lowered.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote