View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 06:47 PM   #92
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
foreverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the rough
After a serp belt failure I took sometime this week to work on the car. The prototype ALT Ps relocation bracket I made with 2 pieces allow the alternator to lean back and toast the belt. I do have a new one piece design drawn up in inventor but I have yet to talk to a shop to get it made.

But for now I've made some tweaks to it keep going for now. After twisting it back into place I've DC tigd the bracket just to lock the 2 pieces. Also I've changed the idler puller to something cheap and has a single piece bearing. The old VH41DE pully had two bearings and my setup crushed it, forcing me to make a funny bolt to make it work. The new pulley is composite which is much lighter and has a single bearing. Ignoring the bolt not looking tight I got a bolt afterwords that didnt have a step behind the head.

Also while I was here I reworked the exhaust some. First I redid the front exhaust mount. It's no longer a hard mount to the bottom of the transmission but goes to a exhuast mount of a 90s highlander. Hopefully this cures some of the vibrations I get above 3500rpm as now the bellows in the down pipe can now move properly. While I was working with the exhaust I also remover the first glass pack to hopefully give the engine some kinda tone other then just turbo spool then twin wastegate dump.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
foreverdeath is offline   Reply With Quote