View Single Post
Old 12-27-2019, 06:42 PM   #93
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
foreverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
This build is awesome. I regret not buying back the totalled (rear collision) 06 accord we had since new. I'm keeping my eye on this thread.

Can we please get more sound clips man? I'd be interested in the "boring" highway cruising vids if you have any.
Here you go man a quick drive around town with some quick spirited bits. Took me a min to get the pats to it back together after it threw the serp belt and the alternator died at the same time. A pin on the alt corrode and snapped the important pin volt sense, for a while i was looking at getting a alt but found out its easy to replace the regulator on these and for only 30$.

https://youtu.be/V-UnBRvFsnk

Here is the new belt on it basically maxed with how tight the tensioner can go but I ordered a few more chunks of AL stock to make a more compact setup bringing the alternator closer to the waterpump while lowering the power steering pump. wont get any progress on this tho for a while as tomorrow i start leave in Hawaii.

Anyways the modifications to the exhaust did exactly what i planned. there is no longer an insane vibration after 3800 rpm as I'm actually allowing controlled flex of the bellows in the downpipe its now more mild, likely just the poly leaf spring bushings I'm using as motor mounts. I should put it in the video but I didn't feel like cruising over 80mph during the holidays. I'm only running 9.5-10psi on pump right now so ~280tq ~315whp. Still need to finish retuning as it struggles to stay warm on a normal winter days. The exhaust note is no longer solely turbo spool then wastegate dump, now there is engine noise almost equal to the wastegate but doesn't drown out the turbo spooling and if listen close you can hear VTEC activate as the exhaust deepens mid turbo spool at 3200rpm. Yet it still idles quietly and drone is no worse with just a single 3" glasspack (21" long IIRC) other wise its straight pipe.
foreverdeath is offline   Reply With Quote