View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 02:39 PM   #95
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
foreverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the rough
Been tryn to keep my self busy and outa the winter blues sense I got back from Hawaii. First off I made a new ALT/PS bracket as the design would get loose tip the alternator a eat belts after a while. The new design is still 2 piece but I corrected the locations and went for a stronger bolt configuration. I'm ready to make a billet piece but it's hard to justify for just my self at machining costs. if was funny getting the new shorter belt for this setup, i always just go in and ask the blet by part number the teenager behins the counter was like you got a pretty big truck. Knowing the belt only comes on the Freightliner I told him "nah its going on a Honda" and he was very confused.

While on vacation I found a common way to get 3.692 R&P for the 350z style r200. Which is the shortest ratio without ripping a R&P out of a nismo edition Z or 4 cylinder frontier. I do still have aquire one piece to make this diff work tho, as my Armada diff has a bigger driveshaft flange with a reversed concentric lip then the Z/G chassis and my my diff will be coming from an AWD car with the 6 bolt driveshaft flange. I will still be using the Armada diff for mock up and using its 2 bolt cover for the final install. I cant work on this right now as I dont have a jig to hold the subframe mounts in place, I do have bolts on order to make a jig tho. Some 1 1/4 bolts and square tube will space out the front mounts next week.

Today I took sometime to clean up the garage only to mess it up prepping a future front subframe. After doing an initial degreasing I cut off the front lip and welded the seam back together. Then carefully knocked off the motor mount towers. The plan here is plate the top and side of the subframe where the towers were to bring strength back then slot the top plate for factory style mounts.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
foreverdeath is offline   Reply With Quote