View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 05:59 PM   #101
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
foreverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the rough
I've had the truck up in running for a few days now and thanks to the corona virus this Navy boy only comes into work 2 or 3 times a week giving me a lot of time to get caught up on things. Time to start knocking out cheap things as I'm still feeling the punch of 1000$ in parts coming out to the fix the truck. The subframe, rear diff, and axle upgrade will have to wait as it still requires ether extended LCAs or dual caliper adapters (to space out the hubs) to be acquired. The diff is almost finished as I welded it up and installed the poly bushes last week but, I still have to get a Z/G manual diff flange.

So far I've finished repairing my turbo manifold where the front wastegate branch had cracked and feel off. It held its self up in the engine bay by only a coolant hardline for 100miles before I could do emergency welding a tig weld it in car about 45 degrees to stablize and quite it down before, the turbo came in 3 days later for the truck. Which was after I had the banjo fitting on the rear wastegate snapped causing me to overheat the engine on the way to work, which I looped till I found and installed my AN4 caps today. After pulling off the manifold it looks like my limited power from the 70's garage wiring didnt make strong enough welds for the when I welded the wastegate branch and cracked as I was limited to about 100amp spurts, this time I hammered it at 135amps still on 115v. While I was at I modified the down pipe to relieve stress on the exhaust and make it possible to install from the top. Prior to this it had to be installed from the bottom and it was aggravating as hell to get the vbands to line up. maybe just maybe this will be the last piece of the puzzle for my exhaust vibrations before actully changing my motor mounts.

Next up is to patch the hole from the exhaust hanger that fell off and remount it, figure out how to remedy my 2 stripped transmission cross member holes, more work on the revised front subframe, and I'm also considering a lobster cut intake pipe from left over 3" stainless exhaust pipe.
foreverdeath is offline   Reply With Quote