View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 12:29 AM   #123
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to blu808
Well any tig under 3k will most likely be more difficult to weld with than your big machine at school. The bigger the machine (amps, transformer) the more stable it is at lower power levels, and thinner metal. The cheapest machine i could find when i was in the market was the Miller econo tig 180. I chose the Miller because it had a nicer cart, storage area, a nicer torch (which i have now changed), 5 more amps of power, and a pulser. I also though it looked better. I have both now at work and prefer the Miller any day. I would stay away from the cheaper Chinese welders since they might be hard to fix or get parts/ service for down the road. I have been using my tig for the last 2 years HEAVILY, with no problems. That is why im glad i paid a little extra for a brand name machine. I might upgrade one day, but I can only see myself doing so if I was welding all day long, everyday.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by blu808; 02-14-2012 at 12:52 AM..
blu808 is offline   Reply With Quote