View Single Post
Old 03-04-2024, 02:04 PM   #11
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
With due respect, Kamm cars are not well-regarded by the potential buyers I've talked to. Their first (and possibly continuing) customer cars were too stiff for good, non-Continental roads
Good to know. I only know what .he hype-blogs have posted.

Quote:
and I've driven cars with hot Type 4s... they're not nearly as engaging as a six-cylinder. They're well-built but not in the same league as any modern Singer.
Kind of a duh statement. A Singer is 7-figured and the 6's are amazing. The VW engines are charming in their own way.

Quote:
The Type 4 doesn't make the same noise, it doesn't have the same character. Both it and any Subaru engine aren't going to deliver the quality of overall experience. I have zero interest in any 912 with either, and at that price level, I'm not interested in anything non-Mezger.
Fair enough, especially considering there are tons of cars in the $150k range.

Quote:
I've never heard of a 6-rib swap into a 911 or 912 before, probably because it's not a subjectively good transaxle. Why ruin these cars with an economy van transaxle?

Trust me, I get being priced out of the market for the cars you love, but cheapening the experience makes it worse.
"Priced out" isn't exactly what happened to the Vintage Porsche market. They went from affordable enthusiast cars to priceless art pieces.

The days of a guy grabbing a 993 roller for $6k and doing a VR6T swap or building a Hot-Rod track car out of a '81 for $17k are long gone.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote