View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 07:36 PM   #13
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
I agree with your sentiment...but isn't the blame misplaced? Like you said: the parts can be had in Japan for 'normal' prices. So blame the entity that's marking them up to ridiculous prices. North America Nissan?
Nissan Motorsports is responsible for distributing all the JDM parts / Nismo parts here in the US, so they're to blame.

We enthusiasts make up the US market, without us there would be no care for Nismo products in the US. Its a slap in the face to us enthusiasts to get such a drastic price hike on these products. Afterall, we need these products to keep our cars running.

Making a statement that NISMO is going to continue to offer support for legacy platforms like the R32 is a slap in the face to us Americans. For one, you fucked us by not selling the Skyline here. And now you're going to support it? We've gotten screwed by shady importers like MotorEx, we've had battles with the NHTSA, and now, after all these years, we're finally to import a car that we cant even get parts for. Its a joke.

I finished restoring my S13 years ago and recently picked up an S14. Its the same problem, most of the parts for this car are not available or price hiked. Sorry, but as a long-term NISSAN customer I'm not feeling the love. Instead, all I see is a surge in sub-par aftermarket parts that I have no interest in.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote