View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 12:07 AM   #18
GhostlyCoupe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
GhostlyCoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Not sure about anyone else, but my merchant account provider would have my butt and shut me down in a heartbeat if they found out I was billing customers for merchandise that hadn't yet shipped.

I don't care if it's coming from the middle of Siberia in Russia. If you actually had the part on the way for the customer, there would be a paper trail of tracking numbers, customs forms, and bill of lading you could give the customers copies of along the way to show the product is in transit. If you can't do it, you don't deserve the business.

This is directed at businesses that give a delivery date that they KNOW they cannot fulfill. Special order items with pre-discussed delays are obviously different.

There's no excuse, it's plain and simple using that customers money to do other things then proceeding to lie to the customer about why you haven't got off your butt to fill their order. Most of these businesses are using the money you pay up front to pay operating costs and then buying the product to fulfill your order when they get money back in. It's deceptive business practice plain and simple.

I've got some grumbles about a certain vendor being allowed to keep doing this to customers as well. Don't think anything will be done about it since they finally gave me my money back after screwing around for almost a month.
GhostlyCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote