View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 02:19 PM   #118
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Trader Rating: (0)
Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
Svensko, you're not even making sense anymore.
How many of us buy a fun car, and the want to have to add a cage as soon as we get it?
So I'm going to buy a miata, and put a cage in it, so I can have a convertible that is even more cramped, and less daily-driver friendly than it was to begin with? Get real.

And of course the auto industry is different, but not as much as you think.
Yes there is new technology that is required, but new technology was also required back then.
The R&D cost for the existing technology is has already been paid for, it's just new technology that isn't. Back then, it was new stuff like urethane bumpers, and abs. Now it's stability control and side airbags. The market is always evolving. Back then an affordable sports coupe was 12k-15k.
Now its 20-25k.

I work in the automotive industry, have a car design degree, and so do many of my close friends.
I know what the manufacters have to deal with when bringing a car to market, and even know some cars that are coming to market that fit in this bracket.

Are you debating right now because you feel you have a point to make, or are you simply trying to dig yourself out of a hole?
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote