View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #1336
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320VR4 View Post
Hey there guys, hoping you can help me with deciding on what to do with offsets and what not. Read about the first 20 pages so far of the thread and figured I'd just ask lol.

Anyhow I'm looking to buy a new set of the 16x8.25 XXR 527s for my vert 4 lug drift car project. I have 40mm over fenders in the front and 50mm over fenders in the rear. I intend on running minimal to no camber in the rear and some up front (for drifting obviously)

From what I can gather, these poke just a little bit with the stock fenders (therefore up front with camber they should sit perfect). I presume that would mean that a 35 or 40mm spacer would be appropriate? I presume I'll have to go with the spacers that bolt on and have an extra set of studs no? Are these really safe?

Additionally I'm considering getting some custom diamond racing wheels made (ya know the typical high offset steelies). Anyhow going with an 8.5" rim (16") what offset would be appropriate?

Most of the information I'm finding applies to non-wide bodied cars.

thanks,
Matt
So you have 40mm fenders up front and 50mm fenders in the rear...you have no business running 8.5j rims. I would sell the fenders, save the money you'd have to get for spacers, get better fitting wheels. 9j/10j +12 is a good start. You can sell those fenders for $500, save $300 from buying thick ass spacers and then whatever money you had that you were gonna use to buy wheels. You can easily save $1k after everything is said and done. You can get some knock off wheels or some used quality rims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanPrem View Post
Need some help-

Im running 20mm chargespeed overs with 18x9.5 -6 on 215/40 running -3 camber up front. How much camber and poke will i have with i run 18x10.5 +6? Out back i'm gonna run -1 to -2 camber at most.

Also will 10.5 + 6 clear Evo 9 calipers
First off, rim width and offset has absolutely nothing to do with clearing brake calipers. Its all about the rim design. If its concave or has a high pad, most of the time itll clear. 3 piece Work rims usually have 3 different faces that changes how much brake they can clear.

For S-14s, you can get away without the 20mm fenders up front. 9.5j -6 on undersized 215/40 tires are doable on stock fenders with just a roll and pull. How much pull will depend on how much camber you run. With -3 camber, you'd barely have to do a pull. Rears, 10.5 +6, look at my picture above. My rears are 18x10.5 +10 on 235/40-18s with about 1.5 to 2 degrees of camber. Just cuz I'm slammed, I had to pull my rear fenders a good 1 to 1.5 inches.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote