View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 08:45 PM   #1026
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
d9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really nice
noob question, sorry in advance for my ignorance.

My current setup (parts in hand, not engine setup) incorporates a ross tuffbond race series balancer (no integrated crank trigger teeth) and the taarks hall effect cam sensor kit. I was under the impression that running a hall effect kit was simply a way to get a cleaner signal to the ecu rather than running the nissan cas. From what Im researching now am I correct in saying you have to run both a hall effect cam sensor as well as a crank trigger setup in order to utilize an aftermarket standalone ecu? Ill most likely either use an aem infinity or haltech elite.
If the answer is yes, and I need to incorporate a crank trigger into my build what options do I have? It looks like ross doesnt sell a separate crank trigger wheel for the race series balancers (must be ordered with the option of integrated crank trigger wheel). I cant run the mazworx or the taarks kits as both are made for the ATI balancer.
Open to suggestions on what to do, as well as short explanations as to what crank/cam trigger setups actually are since I cant find a straight answer anywhere in terms of our application and I feel like an idiot, lol
d9m13n is offline   Reply With Quote