View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 08:26 PM   #1040
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Good to see you back jr!! How is you/fam and car doing?? Been a while
I’ve been around, I just haven’t posted much, life is busy my friend. We are doing well. Finally settled down in SE PA in our own place. How are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by d9m13n View Post
Wanted to ask a quick question from those of you who've had some higher hp sr's built. Is it more worthwhile to upgrade main caps or the girdle? I know the stock main caps have some issues with 'walk' around the 550-600hp mark and up. Will mazworx billet main caps solve this or is a JHH billet girdle paired with stock caps more than enough? I dont really want to do both as I dont see it as completely necessary for my build, but if either is cost effective insurance for track use Im willing to go with either.
I would say the most substantial upgrade would be hardware and the girdle. The girdle ties all the pieces of the puzzle together in the bottom end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Quick question

Is this cam damage beyond repair or worth to be ran?? The damage is to the CAS slot oon the exhaust cam

How much play does the damage allow? I would say if the cams drive forces are on the undamaged side, youd be fine. The cam should never rotate backwards. See picture below for explanation.