View Single Post
Old 05-26-2022, 12:28 PM   #1304
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13VE View Post
My first question is do you really need a 600hp street car?
Nope.

Quote:
Of course the answer is yes, but the question is more about whether you need an SRVE or not anyway.
So here is the rub, the ka24 honda setup is enticing because the engine is widely available and cheap to replace. However the cost of entry is roughly 8-10 grand after all is said and done.

I have two sr20det motors, I keep a built spare and have since 2010, luckily I've never had to put it in my car. But I'd like to convert it to a ve for the head reliability.

Quote:
How long do you plan to keep the car/what's your financial situation/what's important to you/how much do you know about Nissan vs Toyota egines etc etc all things to consider.
I don't plan on getting rid of my car, and honestly I really like the nissan platform. I think it's cool to put something else in it's place but at the end of the day you're spending the same money and going in a different direction.

rb's aren't bulletproof

jz's aren't bulletproof

and if hertlife is any indication ka24 honda motors aren't bullet proof

they just have ridiculous aftermarket and oem market support but that could change just as fast as it has for nissan/toyota

Anyway not even sure why I am replying to an old post. I just think with the current landscape obtaining nissan parts from nissan as well as jdm drift tax. It's clear everything is going up in price not just nissan stuff.

If I can build a reliable sr20ve setup with a p11 head and the s13sr bottom end which are easy to get your hands on and cheap. And make 4-550 horsepower reliably and street tune on shit gas for 350hp I don't see why not.

All of the extreme block work, stroking, wpc, unnecessary. Some decent headwork, put wedges in the water jackets and enjoy.

availability and cost is the main turnoff for anything SR related.