Thread: My SR20VET...
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 09:35 PM   #311
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teigen View Post
So you already have a map made for your engine?

When I am starting up an engine for the first time with new ecu I make a map so that it runs on low rpm, just setting ignition and fuel circa and set correct trigger settings, then I have to go to my friends garage and he makes a full map for me in his dynapack

anyway: drive it test it map it race it (read with daft punk melodi in mind haha)
Yes, I have been working with Steve, from Shadowerks on my Base tune. Needless to say, it's been more involved that anticipated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikester View Post
Can't wait man!

Gonna give that place you told me about a call sometime today.
DUDE! You're tellin' me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs14kouki View Post
Good to see it was only a little wiring problem and not engine problem.

We had a similar problem with fd driver Dave Briggs / sr24vet from mazworx ! The hall sensor had two wire that were inverted in the hall sensor connector ! It was even sealed with shrink wrap so we never though checking it out as it was strait out of mazworx shop !!!

Put a Video of it running ! I need motivation to finish mine
I too heard of the mis-pinning from the factory. I called Mazworx to chat about it. After tearing apart the wiring to make sure all was good at the sensor, it was a problem at the ECU. Oh well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Heck yeah man, can't wait to see this thing tear it up and read about what you think of it.
I ought to be fun, I'm just happy to hear it run after almost 4 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoukiMonsta View Post
I've been gone for a bit, and your telling me this thing isn't shredding tire yet!

Great work as per usual man, can't wait to see/hear some video. Shit I want to see this thing for real!
Baby steps man. I've been busy with life and other things that have come up. There will definitely be videos of it in action.

So this happened this evening...

I've got some investigative work to do on finding out what the tapping/knocking noises are. I'm hoping it's not rod knock and the few revs I've been able to do, do not point towards that. However, this motor did fail on me or rather the head did at the track and I drove it back on 3 cylinders to the pits, so who knows right now. My main guess/hope is that it is in the top end. I also have an oil leak to attend to at the solenoid adapter plate. If it happens to be in the bottom end, 9:1 CP's with some WPC coating and Carrillo rods are going to find their way in.

The next thing to figure out is why it has such a huge lope at idle. Remember, this thing has fuel sipping cams below 5k, and to hear lope such as in the video at idle is unheard of. My best guess, is that the motor is idling on the high lobes and my vac readings support that, -10in/hg, not good on a healthy motor, which I have confirmed 180+ across the board.

This is turning into a never ending pursuit...