Thread: My SR20VET...
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 05:26 PM   #321
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundPerformance View Post
Could be low oil pressure. Do you have an oil pressure gauge? I think I pmed you awhile back inquiring about your setup and I think I remember your using an S14 SR block which has the extra oil port in the front for the chain tensioner for the original S14 SR Head which is obviously not being used with the P11 head. Hopefully this is not the case since I was particularly concern of just relying on the HG itself for sealing purposes than actually tapping or welding it shut. Let us know that you find out and GL!
I do have an oil pressure gauge and it is showing 80psi on cold start and may be that low due to my suspicion of the rockers seeing oil psi. However at idle I'm seeing 20psi or greater once warmed.

I personally don't see that port causing any issues being that it's sealed, but I suppose the future may tell. If it does, ill break out the drill and tap and seal it up.