View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 02:11 PM   #3
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Originally Posted by z31andrew View Post
I watched it. Pretty cool concept, announcers suck, good driving from like half the people in the competition. But it is by no means a "drifting" show or competition. Granted, most of the obstacles are meant to be hit with the rear end of the car, but one of the drivers got away with opening his door to make contact on targets, and contestants are able to reverse into said targets. Not exactly a "drift" show. Shredder made his runs a drift show because he drives faster sideways than straight for some reason, but even the Japanese guy who TEACHES DRIFTING IN JAPAN had trouble on some of the other, non-"Drift" style obstacles. However, it seemed if the driver had a background in drifting then that contestant did better than the rest of the field.

Entertaining show to watch, But not a drift show.
I think it is being spun primarily as such. Over half the driver list is pro, former pro, pro-2 and pro-am drifters. Realistically those numbers are conservative, probably two-thirds or more of the list is. And the rest of them are people who I think they brought in solely for comparison sake / variety.

And the multitudes of articles that mention drifting when one googles it:

Art of Gears: Some of the most worthy drivers from all over the globe meet in the US for a new competitive racing show, that consists mostly of drifting, burning tires and relentless revving.

Car and Driver: Drifting Takes On Reality TV in Hyperdrive, Netflix's New Reality Show

Motor1: Charlize Theron Go Drifting In Latest Netflix Hyperdrive Trailer

Decider: ‘Hyperdrive’ On Netflix, Where Experts In Drifting Drive A Massive Obstacle Course