View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 02:21 PM   #125
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiomatik View Post
That feeling right there is exactly what makes people drop big money for old cars. You seem to assume that 30 years from now, the market will be completely dictated by people who have never owned a 240. That's completely backwards. The market for 240's will be driven by people who used to own one, people just like you and me who 30 years from now, have some extra cash to burn, and want to relive a part of their youth, to build something they never could afford when they were a broke college kid. Those are the people who are driving the muscle car market now, and it's the same type of people who will drive the collector market in the future.
I said in my very first post in this thread that anything is collectible, so you aren't telling me anything I don't already know. If you're referring to me talking about automotive significance you're taking it out of context. I said that about the 240 being a "classic". Classic is not really the word I'm thinking of but I can't think of a better word. What I mean is the car being collectible, but at that next level.

IE One of my favorite classic muscle cars is the Boss 302. There's a lot of reasons it's so damn expensive and nostalgia is only one of them.

Interesting bit of info: there were more Boss 302's made than Kouki s14 240sx's.
atom is offline   Reply With Quote