View Single Post
Old 09-21-2022, 07:12 AM   #5
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Michelin no longer produces tires in OEM S13 sizes (or nearby sizes) for the North American market. I don't personally follow the philosophy of recommending a tire brand broadly and not a specific model - every tire company produces duds and sometimes even cheap tire companies produce winners. Falken for example basically built its entire US brand on the original Azenis RT215, who had ever heard of Falken before that?

The best OEM size tire I know of that you can get in the US is the Vredestein Sportrac 5. That said I think these are on infinite backorder right now:

https://www.vredestein.com/car-suv-t...3_1=15&sizes=2

Failing that, you can get the Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport in 195/65R15. This tire is discontinued but a lot of places have leftover stock.

Failing that the Ohtsu FP7000 is basically a discontinued Falken Ziex ZE329, and the Ohtsu PF0612 is a Ziex ZE612, both available in OEM sizes - Ohtsu is Falken's old parent company but I think they're both owned by Sumitomo now - I was a fan of the Ziex as a daily driver tire on my Miata's 14" wheels. I can't vouch for whether the QC of Ohtsu branded tires are as OK as Falken though.

Very frustrating how the 15" tire market is basically only cheap garbage and Miata/Civic sizes for the most part.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote