View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 05:00 AM   #1
alexisthemovie
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
alexisthemovie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alexisthemovie
Alex's S13 Odyvia Coupe Build

Lately, I have been itching for something really fun to drive and it's given me a bit of motivation to work on my S13. I've had this thing for over a year and have been slowly collecting parts while the shell has been collecting dust in the corner of my shop. I bought my friend's S13 fastback as well for it's engine and that also hasn't moved in a few months.

Just warning you guys, I've been known to abandon projects after spending a lot of money and nearly completing a car to my liking.

First, an obligatory photo of a previous car.

I want to build a super good looking car that is *FUN* to drive... on the track, in the canyon, doesn't matter. Chasing lap times is tiring and as I recently discovered - it's not for me, however I thoroughly enjoyed beating my other car around the track so I guess that is the motive for this S13.

I managed to snag some picture of it's current state this evening. I didn't start working on it until two weeks ago or so... and progress might be slow as I have very little spare time and I'm usually tired after finishing work for the day.

As you can see, I only installed one headlight... my friend cut the quarter panel for me underneath the overfender, but I need to finish building my wheels and test fitted before welding it up. Cage is fabricated by Parts Shop Max... all of the suspension components are PSM as well - just missing coilovers. <- PM me if you have any used ones for sale!

This is what we did the past few days... removed piping and intake stuff from the hatch, removed exhaust, driveshaft, clutch cable, power steering, drained fluids, etc.

Front wheel mockup - SSR GT3 18x12 with 7" lip. I am planning on running 18x10 with a 6" lip and 25mm spacer, but this gives me a good idea of what it will look like. Rears should be in the 19x12 - 55-75 range depending on how high I radius and flare and how much negative camber I decide to run.

Everything is planned already - I just need to purchase a few more parts and get to work installing everything.

Some more planned details...
S15 SR20DET with GT2871R 350-400 whp
Spirit Rei Odyvia Kit with custom body kit and grille (see below)
Radiused and reshaped fenders all around
326Power S15 3d*Star sideskirts and rear bumper
Wald Black Bison W212 front bumper
Origin Type II S13 Silvia hood (I need this if anyone is selling one)
Full Parts Shop Max suspension
Cadillac CTS-V brakes with Stoptech 14" 370Z Akebono rotors
SSR GT3 19x12 -75, 18x10 -50
and probably some vertical doors because I like them.

Here is a somewhat accurate shitty render I did a few months ago to get the original vision down.

All I need right now are PBM coilovers, seats, and some motivation! Feel free to send me business (wheel customization) too as money helps too.
Sponsored Links