View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 03:26 PM   #24
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
So I picked up a 4.6 ring and pinion set for the car and went to install it Friday. Got the Z32 VLSD out, tore it apart and found the Z32 pumpkin uses a larger inner pinion bearing Tried pulling the bearing off the Z pinion to no avail and ended up having to go buy an S13 differential. 3 days later the diff is back together and in the car, it whines a bit so I'm sure the backlash isn't correct, but I'm just going to run it.

After I did the cams I checked timing and found the mark someone else left on the distributor was at 10* BTDC. Got it back to 15* and the car has a whole lot more pep. Along with the new gearing its a completely changed car!

While the car was in the air I taped one of the new overs on it and threw a Panasport on. Really love the look of the Type 3 fenders, going to re-lip these from 17x9 (3in lip) to 17x10.5 (4.5in lip)

Also threw an Origin roof wing on the car, really like the look with the factory trunk wing. Car needs a good wash and it'll be ready for the next event!