View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #3
91 240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
91 240 is on a distinguished road
The battery must have exploded before i bought the car back in 1997, there was rust everywhere behind the passenger headlight. I cut the headlight panel and part of the core support out so i could sand blast the rust and weld everything back in. I cut out the front fender wells due to a shady shop's work cutting holes for intercooler piping and welded in new patch panels.

drivers side - still have to finish welding and grinding. it'll be easier to finish after i pull the motor.

passenger side

I also got an Fbody aluminum driveshaft that i had shorted 2" and replaced the u-joints. I also had to use a 1310 to Nissan differential flange to mount to my rear end. fits perfect with plenty of exhaust clearance.

i pulled the motor and tranny from the car and assembled everything on the engine stand.

i needed to add a few things that were damn near impossible to do with the motor in the car. first off was tapping the oil pan for the oil drain line. this looked like a good spot. clears everything inside and out.

Next i wanted to add some support braces to the collectors....all that weight would eventually causing some cracking somewhere.
Drivers side

Pass side

these 2 braces helped out a ton, it's pretty solid now. I'm thinking of possibly adding another one on the crossover pipe and attaching it to the pass side head.