View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 11:26 PM   #7
91 240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
91 240 is on a distinguished road
I got some work done over the last week or so, not as much as i would have liked but fate had something else in store for me this weekend.

last week i was able to wet sand the primer/surfacer smooth and get it ready for base/clear.

today i wanted to get 3 coats of base and 3 coats of clear, but i was able to get 2 full coats of base before my compressor decided to crap out on me.

Here are a couple pics of Summit Racing's single stage Jet Black base. Honestly, i think it turned out ok for my first time painting using a Devilbiss Starting line gun.

Now on to what really ruined my day/night. I was just starting my 3rd coat of base when clanking from my compressor. I quickly shut it down and took off the plastic casing around the compressor motor.

Some how I was able to snap both connecting rods and shatter the cooling fan in my Craftsman 60 gal 6.5hp compressor. Not sure how, but now i get to track down a rebuild kit to hopefully try again next week.

I'm calling this damn car Jack Stand Rocket, cause it's apparently never going to get off these jack stands.