View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 07:21 PM   #20
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
As to the interior. You can replace the entire interior for under $1000 and make a 240sx look new again inside. That was one of the key features of my guide, I pointed out that we do not care about the interior plastics/panels because they are readily available.
Uhm............ NO. I'm starting to question your credibility here. How about this: lots of parts for our cars are no longer available, ESPECIALLY the interior panels. Besides the fact that these parts were outrageously priced to begin with. Ever lookup the cost of the individual parts of a seat? Its insane. Parts like the dash or door panels have been discontinued forever now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeiler View Post
In my experience, the interior does matter a lot. It was beyond impossible to find a new interior in Texas (where the sun beats down on everything) and haven't had much better luck in PA.
^ Spoken like a true prodigy.

While I think our cars will carry a value (and go up) with time, I dont think they will ever command the value of cars like the JZA80 Supra, FD RX7... and Z32-TT.

The problem with the 240SX is that in stock form, its a heap. And most of the cars you want to purchase, should be in stock form (ie: unmolested).

I think the only cars that will carry value will be the ones built by the renowned enthusiasts in this community who have documented their builds and put endless amounts of time and money into them.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote