Thread: My SR20VET...
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 07:12 PM   #388
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14unimog View Post
Love it! Excellent work and great attention to the details. Sub'd for updates.
Thanks man! How's your ride doing? I'm still fighting to get this thing on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600supersport View Post
my setup seems to be quite close to yours jr...with less clean details mind you, but the basics are quite similar....I'm still debating the VE(t) head swap. It seems quite early in your driving of this setup process (if much at all, idk), but other than the more reliable valve-train and higher potential for big power, I know it's not a stroker kit, but did the VE give u noticeable gains early in your powerband or is it all gonna translate to more top end...not that a bunch more top end is a bad thing lol.
Well, unfortunately I cannot give you my first hand experience with any differences in spool and power delivery, as I have still not had it tuned. I'm currently trying to figure out a MAP issue and it looks like I've narrowed it down to a faulty sensor, but I'm not 100% on that. I'll speak with a Haltech tech tomorrow about my findings. If I do, I'll get one shipped right away and hope for the best.

Another problem is, I've forgotten what it was like to drive a BPU'd SR vs my built SR. My BPU'd SR was fast but over 6years ago. The built setup was faster, but again, it's been some time. The comparison would be a bit muddled as I'm past the 4year mark of this thing being down. Hopefully in the next month I will have this driving, atleast to shake out the bugs.

I'll be getting the harness bar in asap now that I know my issue doesn't lie in the ECU harness.